April 6, 2015
There are factors to consider (what does the code require in that situation):
How does the return air from one space get back to the other space where the HVAC unit is located?
Will the supply ductwork need to be "zoned" so that each space's tenant can control temperature?
Are there added requirements for fire and/or smoke dampers in the ductwork ?
September 4, 2018
I have couple of small stores in a strip mall where the owner of the mall wants the stores to share the same HVAC unit. I know that as long as the most restrictive of out door air is followed. I can not find anywhere in the code that says it can not be done. Does not seem like god practice has someone will be either to hot or to cold.
Most Recent Topics
- Plumbing Rough-In and Plumbing Top-Out
- IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection - Permitting
- Outlet for HVAC
- Ratings of Electrical rooms
- Trouble with online test taking. PRONTO and Webcam issues.
- Welcome Back from Astoria, Oregon
- 2012 IBC 424.5 Children's Play Structures area limited to 300 SF
- inspection software?
- Definition of occupied spaces
- Professional licensing when responding to disasters