April 6, 2015
I am guessing you are working under the IRC. See Section G2445 (e.g. 2018 IRC). There are some limitations. Also, check the manufacturer's instructions to determine if the unit is suitable for continuous use.
September 26, 2019
Question: Can Ventless gas heaters be considered a small portion of the overall heating system when performing a manual J?
Background: Building official says "no" but code only states that ventless gas heat can not be the sole source. Confused because his interpretation seems to be stretching the code beyond its intent.
Most Recent Topics
- Glad I found this forum!
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- Air Condition Units Housed In A Protected Stairwell
- Residential building code
- Ramp Slope inconsistency between 406.4.4 and 1012.2
- B and F2 separatoin
- Stories, grade planes, and elevators...oh my.
- Where did 1103.7.7 go?
- Elevator maintenance company
- 2009 IBC Sec. 1009.9