April 10, 2015
In IPC 2015, Table E103.3(2), the hot water supply fixture units for a bathroom group with a flush valve water closet are double that for a bathroom group with a flush tank.
Does anyone know the rationale behind this? It seems as though the hot WSFU would be the same regardless of the type of control on the water closet.
It can make an appreciable difference in the hot water pipe and water heater sizing in a facility that has a large number of bathroom groups, such as a hotel or an assisted living facility.
Most Recent Topics
- Glad I found this forum!
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- BC Module for Building Official
- Air Condition Units Housed In A Protected Stairwell
- self-closing self-lathing gates verses electric driveway gates
- Residential building code
- Ramp Slope inconsistency between 406.4.4 and 1012.2
- B and F2 separatoin
- Stories, grade planes, and elevators...oh my.
- Where did 1103.7.7 go?