April 6, 2015
The 2000 IBC was first year for the IBC. Barrier requirements for pools and hot tubs were in Chapter 31.
July 16, 2014
I know that pool barrier requirements first came into being with Appendix Chapter 12 of the 1991 Uniform Building Code, and only when the jurisdiction specifically adopted the appendix. Prior to that, there were no barrier requirements, but pools may still have been considered structures regulated by the code. In researching an old commercial pool in our county that did not get a permit, I am trying to determine when they would have first been required to obtain a permit to see if they predate those requirements.
Any insight anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Eric Fried, email@example.com
Building Official, Larimer County
Most Recent Topics
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- Dishwasher GFCI Protection
- 2018 IECC - C405.4.2(2)Lighting Power Allowances for Building Exteriors
- Create communication path between Azure cloud and wireless sensors
- Ambiguity in (2018) 903.2.4.1. Is it misapplied?
- Nail strength requirements for wood wall framing [R602.3(1)] IRC
- S-1 Storage (Fire Sprinkler Question)
- Bedroom Egress
- Using Micro Rebar to substitute for traditional rebar in foundation systems
- Coffee Shop Occupancy Load