April 6, 2015
The 2000 IBC was first year for the IBC. Barrier requirements for pools and hot tubs were in Chapter 31.
July 16, 2014
I know that pool barrier requirements first came into being with Appendix Chapter 12 of the 1991 Uniform Building Code, and only when the jurisdiction specifically adopted the appendix. Prior to that, there were no barrier requirements, but pools may still have been considered structures regulated by the code. In researching an old commercial pool in our county that did not get a permit, I am trying to determine when they would have first been required to obtain a permit to see if they predate those requirements.
Any insight anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Eric Fried, email@example.com
Building Official, Larimer County
Most Recent Topics
- Rebar Support
- 2015 Commercial Mechanical Inspector Exam Prep
- Exit Signage
- Toilet facilities for workers
- wood iconostasis in type II-B building
- Historic Building R-2 Apartment Building
- Is a chase different from a wall cavity?
- No applicable codes to apply to certain buildings?
- General Requirements Exam!!!
- Desuperheater Water Heater (Energy Saving Equipment)