April 6, 2015
Thank you for this report. I'll forward the information onward to the appropriate ICC people to look into.
June 6, 2018
Chapter 35 of the 2015 IBC references ACI 530-13 (the 2013 edition) of the Building Code Regulations for Masonry Structures. Chapter 14, section 1405.10, "Adhered Masonry Veneer," requires adhered masonry veneer to comply with sections 6.1 and 6.3 of this standard. The problem is, sections 6.1 and 6.3 changed between the 2011 and 2013 editions of the ACI 530 standard. In 2011 and earlier editions, sections 6.1 and 6.3 did in fact deal with adhered masonry veneer. In the 2013 edition, section 6.1 references details of reinforcement, and there is no section 6.3. It appears to me the relevant sections of ACI 530-13 dealing with adhered veneer are sections 12.1 and 12.3. Is this a known mistake in the 2015 code?
Most Recent Topics
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- required elevators
- InterNACHI CEU's
- 2015 IBC mis-referencing ACI 530-13?
- Emergency contact list for fire alarms
- Allowable number of stories in a townhouse
- IBC 2015 - 2406.1 exception
- Unattended fuel-dispensing facilities
- Sharing a HVAC system
- Increased occupant load in classroom