April 1, 2015
"Appendix Q relaxes various requirements in the body of the code as they apply to houses that are 400 Sq ft or less."
The appendix makes no reference to the building envelope requirements.
IMO: If adopted, and jurisdiction does not lessen the requirements in the energy code, tiny homes would have to comply with IECC until the energy code incorporates changes for tiny homes.
August 27, 2015
Good afternoon, our jurisdiction has not adopted the 2018 IRC at this time but we have had some local interest in tiny homes. I have reviewed Appendix Q for those requirements but was wondering how do you address R-values, ventilation, location of mechanical equipment, etc. Are we to approach these items as we would a standard home? Any input or guidance would be appreciated.
Most Recent Topics
- Plumbing Rough-In and Plumbing Top-Out
- IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection - Permitting
- Outlet for HVAC
- Website difficulties
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- Brother Wireless Printer Problems
- Plumbing Count in Existing Building
- Water supply fixture units for bathroom groups
- Flex duct used on kitchenhood exhaust.