February 24, 2016
If the separation distance is less than 10', the exposure requirement is from both sides of the wall.
July 25, 2016
I'm working on an existing, 100 yr old wood framed warehouse project (F-1 Occupancy). The existing perimeter bearing walls are wood framed , metal siding on the exterior plywood on the interior. The AHJ is holding firm on the the (symmetrical / both side) rating of 2hrs. We have no access to the exterior face of the existing wall. We could build an interior shaft wall, which will protect our side of the wall but offers no protection to the existing bearing wall wood framing... from the exterior.
Anyone come across this?
Most Recent Topics
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- Shear Walls
- Gas valve clearance from operable windows or doors
- Passed test
- P3 Plumbing Plans Examiners Exam
- Outdoor area occupancy classification
- Restaurant vs Bar Occupant Load Calculation
- elevator access to mezzanine and 2nd floor
- Notching load bearing wood stud wall