May 8, 2015
if you occupancy is less than 50 then use B, otherwise it's A-2.
calculate occupancy using business for the kitchen and sales area (100sf/person)
use assembly for the seating area (15sf/person)
February 26, 2016
I have an architect asking for a 1293 square foot ice cream parlor asking to use the A2 designation for the exit capacity and occupant load but the B designation for the fixture count. They want to only provide one mixed use bathroom. I honestly do not know the answer here one minute I tell myself you can't pick and choose sections of the code the other I tell myself he has met the intent, at this point I am having an argument with myself.
Most Recent Topics
- IFC 604.4 Overcurrent Protection
- Structural mover ... what does moving mean?
- Construction damage detection
- Stair Stringer Connections to Floor Framing
- Is an enclosed porch "Habitable Space"?
- Erratta in Section R806.5
- Electrical Leak Imaging
- Midas IT Services
- Allowable Moisture Content prior to cover