April 19, 2015
You need to tell us in which State the project is in and what Codes and Code Year your State has adopted.
Generally speaking, you do not need to provide accessible egress in existing buildings.
April 12, 2018
I searched a little through the forums and couldn't find anything, feel free to re-direct me if this post already exists.
I'm doing a tenant finish project in an existing building, the occupant load is more than 50 so I'll need two exits, my question is, do both of these exits need to be fully accessible? As in, do I need a ramp or elevator or lift at each egress door? One exit is fully accessible with a ramp, door width etc. The other exit is an ADA set of stairs, door, railings etc, but no ramp or elevator or lift....
Most Recent Topics
- Plumbing Rough-In and Plumbing Top-Out
- IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection - Permitting
- Outlet for HVAC
- Website difficulties
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- Brother Wireless Printer Problems
- Plumbing Count in Existing Building
- Water supply fixture units for bathroom groups
- Flex duct used on kitchenhood exhaust.