April 1, 2015
What is the fire separation distance?
I would consider openings as penetrations to the exterior wall.
I might request an interpretation, but the AHJ always has the final say.
February 24, 2016
[Image Can Not Be Found]I have been going back and forth with a plans examiner regarding my allowable opening areas. She is counting the entire balcony/deck opening as an opening, and I was only considering the door & window openings as openings. Is she correct in her interpretation? If so, where does that interpretation come from? I can’t seem to find anything dictating that interpretation in the code or by searching. Picture is at the link below.
[Image Can Not Be Found]
Most Recent Topics
- Is a MRI cryogen quench vent considered hazardous
- Earthbag construction?
- U-store it building complex
- MAQ's storage vs non-storage debate
- HELP - High Hazard (H-1) Area of Refuge Requirements
- Waiting for Certification
- Items disappearing from MyICC
- Egress window requirements
- IBC 2012 table 1018, corridor serving less than 30 - B occ
- Perimeter surface pool bonding.