December 31, 1969
I have a jurisdiction that wants to argue that because an existing 2-story+basement building was previously a single tenant B occupant (in their minds) and has now gone to a multi-tenant B occupancy (4 tenants on main, 2 up, 0 basement), that we should be required to come into compliance with all sorts of current code, especially Fire Alarms, Radio Comms, etc.
Any thoughts on this and citing that will help me push back on them? Much appreciated.
Most Recent Topics
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- BC Module for Building Official
- Shear Walls
- Gas valve clearance from operable windows or doors
- P3 Plumbing Plans Examiners Exam
- Outdoor area occupancy classification
- elevator access to mezzanine and 2nd floor
- Notching load bearing wood stud wall
- Ambulatory Care Facility sprinklers
- required elevators