April 6, 2015
See Chapter 2 definitions
May 29, 2015
Well, since I had no response to my previous question (egress), thought I would try a different approach.
Can someone please clarify; A stairway is used to get from the 2nd floor to the main level exit discharge. Is it an exit stair or an exit access stair.
2015 IBC,1019 EXIT ACCESS STAIRWAYS AND RAMPS<1019.3 exception #1 - stairs need not be enclosed as a shaft enclosure in accordance with section 713.
OR 1023 INTERIOR EXIT STAIRWAYS AND RAMPS, 1023.1 states “ interior exit stairways and ramps shall be enclosed and lead directly to the exterior….”.
Any clarification would be most appreciated.
Most Recent Topics
- ICC University vs ICC Campus
- get certification
- Hello from Oak Lawn, IL
- Why isn't this a "cripple wall"?
- Focusing Study for B1 Exam
- Multi Family Housing Washing Machines
- Construction damage detection
- No Frost footing,403.1.4.1 2 story with walkout basement
- Stair Stringer Connections to Floor Framing
- Is an enclosed porch "Habitable Space"?