April 16, 2015
Security has requested holding an exit door closed with a magnetic locking device.
It would fail safe upon fire alarm signal, thus being operational in case of an emergency event.
Are we allowed to install ”fail safe” locks on exit doors, even if the magnetic lock keeping it closed is wired to an emergency power backed Fire Alarm system?
Most Recent Topics
- Duties as Powers of the Building Official
- Nice to Meeting you All.
- Occupancy Classification
- Residential Mechanical Inspector Exam
- WhatWhat year of the UBC or IRC changed the requirement for 48" window sill height for egress to 44"?
- Salon West Palm Beach
- 220 dryer receptacle elevation?
- two part tests
- Emergency Escape and Rescue Opening in 2-hour Rated Wall
- R-3 converted to R-4 occupancy; dwelling unit/sleeping units