April 16, 2015
Security has requested holding an exit door closed with a magnetic locking device.
It would fail safe upon fire alarm signal, thus being operational in case of an emergency event.
Are we allowed to install ”fail safe” locks on exit doors, even if the magnetic lock keeping it closed is wired to an emergency power backed Fire Alarm system?
Most Recent Topics
- Is a MRI cryogen quench vent considered hazardous
- Earthbag construction?
- U-store it building complex
- MAQ's storage vs non-storage debate
- HELP - High Hazard (H-1) Area of Refuge Requirements
- Waiting for Certification
- Items disappearing from MyICC
- Egress window requirements
- IBC 2012 table 1018, corridor serving less than 30 - B occ
- Perimeter surface pool bonding.