April 21, 2015
707.3.3 Fire Barrier enclosures for exit access stairways states that the building areas be separated from the exit access stairway not the exit access stairway separated from the building areas with a specific section, (Section 1009.3.1.2.) Does this mean that the exit access stairway doesn't need protected as Section 1009 indicates, but the building areas be separated from the access stairway?
That specific section does not indicate that the building being sprinklered elements the protection of the building areas.
Most Recent Topics
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- BC Module for Building Official
- Shear Walls
- Gas valve clearance from operable windows or doors
- P3 Plumbing Plans Examiners Exam
- Outdoor area occupancy classification
- elevator access to mezzanine and 2nd floor
- Notching load bearing wood stud wall
- Ambulatory Care Facility sprinklers
- required elevators