February 12, 2019
I'm not optimistic that there is an assembly, but hopeful. I have a building owner installing a three level mezzanine system with metal deck levels and Tred-Extra floor panels. Each level is 130,000 SF. There is no concrete. I know a mezzanine floor doesn't need to be fire rated, but due to there being three levels, the aggregate mezzanine SF'g exceeds 1/3 of the building. And, the other levels can't be classified as an equipment platform. The only thing I can think to do is make them stories. But, the floor needs to be rated. Spray fire proofing is fine, but I can't find anything without concrete. The only other thing I can think to do is a rated shaft wall ceiling, but it's 130,000 SF of floor / times two.
Most Recent Topics
- ICC University vs ICC Campus
- get certification
- Hello from Oak Lawn, IL
- Why isn't this a "cripple wall"?
- Focusing Study for B1 Exam
- Multi Family Housing Washing Machines
- Construction damage detection
- No Frost footing,403.1.4.1 2 story with walkout basement
- Stair Stringer Connections to Floor Framing
- Is an enclosed porch "Habitable Space"?