February 12, 2019
I'm not optimistic that there is an assembly, but hopeful. I have a building owner installing a three level mezzanine system with metal deck levels and Tred-Extra floor panels. Each level is 130,000 SF. There is no concrete. I know a mezzanine floor doesn't need to be fire rated, but due to there being three levels, the aggregate mezzanine SF'g exceeds 1/3 of the building. And, the other levels can't be classified as an equipment platform. The only thing I can think to do is make them stories. But, the floor needs to be rated. Spray fire proofing is fine, but I can't find anything without concrete. The only other thing I can think to do is a rated shaft wall ceiling, but it's 130,000 SF of floor / times two.
Most Recent Topics
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- BC Module for Building Official
- Shear Walls
- Gas valve clearance from operable windows or doors
- P3 Plumbing Plans Examiners Exam
- Outdoor area occupancy classification
- elevator access to mezzanine and 2nd floor
- Notching load bearing wood stud wall
- Ambulatory Care Facility sprinklers
- required elevators