October 18, 2017
Hi I'm searching for some information on a fire rated partition wall, non-structural across a third car garage where the third space is in back of the garage. There is a fire rated door into the house and a 20 square foot window 4 feet off the ground. There is also an egress to the outside through a fire rated door. My thought is to construct a 2x6 partition wall and apply 5/8 drywall on the garage side and 1/2 drywall on the inside and insulate. I want an opening and I am considering a 36 inch fire rated door/pass through. The space is used for storage and I have some musical equipment in the room that I use on occasion. Any issues that anyone can see? Electrical is there and there are no appliances in the room.
Thanks for your replies
Most Recent Topics
- movable partition walls
- transformer & separately derived system grounding and bonding
- Delayed Pick up of Plans
- Taking special inspector exam (plans) with Pearson vue.
- The benefits of solar cable
- Stair requirements
- New Guy from DC area
- Acetylene - Flammable Gas or Reactive Gas MAQ
- Computer based plans pearson vue