May 25, 2015
I have a single family home project that is under review that contains living space within the roof framing. While much of this living space falls into what can be considered as “habitable attic” a small shed dormer is provided that causes question as to whether this dormer takes this living space out of “habitable attic”. If not habitable attic it would then be considered as a second story. The question is: Can a habitable attic have dormers?
Most Recent Topics
- Is a MRI cryogen quench vent considered hazardous
- Earthbag construction?
- U-store it building complex
- MAQ's storage vs non-storage debate
- HELP - High Hazard (H-1) Area of Refuge Requirements
- Waiting for Certification
- Items disappearing from MyICC
- Egress window requirements
- IBC 2012 table 1018, corridor serving less than 30 - B occ
- Perimeter surface pool bonding.