April 6, 2015
The defined term, HABITABLE SPACE has been in Chapter 2 of both the IRC and the IBC for many editions. The IFC uses the IBC definition. I did not go through all of the other I-Codes to see if HABITABLE ROOM is defined.
Where is that term used in the code? (year, code/section number)
January 21, 2018
I am wondering what rationale precipitated the name change from “habitable room” to “habitable space” in the language of Code. Does anyone know?
Most Recent Topics
- Plumbing Rough-In and Plumbing Top-Out
- IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection - Permitting
- Outlet for HVAC
- Website difficulties
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- Brother Wireless Printer Problems
- Plumbing Count in Existing Building
- Water supply fixture units for bathroom groups
- Flex duct used on kitchenhood exhaust.