July 3, 2019
The minimum ceiling heights required in the code depends on whether or not the space can be considered habitable. So, let’s look at how the code applies to habitable and non-habitable spaces so we can take full advantage of what is allowed.
April 19, 2015
Generally speaking, there are no restrictions on having "habitable spaces" in a basement (AKA 'story below grade') provided the space will meet the Code requirements for egress and fire protection based on the Use Group, Occupant Load, and Construction Type.
Most Recent Topics
- Plumbing Rough-In and Plumbing Top-Out
- IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection - Permitting
- Outlet for HVAC
- Website difficulties
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- Brother Wireless Printer Problems
- Plumbing Count in Existing Building
- Water supply fixture units for bathroom groups
- Flex duct used on kitchenhood exhaust.