July 3, 2019
The minimum ceiling heights required in the code depends on whether or not the space can be considered habitable. So, let’s look at how the code applies to habitable and non-habitable spaces so we can take full advantage of what is allowed.
April 19, 2015
Generally speaking, there are no restrictions on having “habitable spaces” in a basement (AKA ‘story below grade’) provided the space will meet the Code requirements for egress and fire protection based on the Use Group, Occupant Load, and Construction Type.
Most Recent Topics
- Earthbag construction?
- B1 EXAM PREP
- school cafeteria exempt from sprinkler req?
- Egress window requirements
- Scuppers at Roof-Top Patio
- Get Comprehensive HP Help from Certified Experts
- Where can I buy the cheapest and most secure POE Currency?
- Is it wise to buy cheap Animal Crossing Bells at IGGM?
- Where is the best place to buy NBA 2K20 MT?
- Is it worth buying Nook miles Tickets at IGGM?