July 29, 2018
I have a controlled access room which contains extremely sensitive data and I have another room that is a crime evidence storage room. I was told told that both these rooms are not in compliance with IBC 2009 Section 1008.1.4.4. They fail in these areas:
1. They must have an egress sensor to detect occupants approaching the doors and unlock from the inside.
2. In a loss of power the doors must automatically unlock
3. In a fire alarm the doors must unlock.
If I comply with these findings then my room and evidence are subject to theft, contamination, and vulnerability. Is there a written exception to my situation listed anywhere in the code?
Most Recent Topics
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- Shear Walls
- Gas valve clearance from operable windows or doors
- Passed test
- P3 Plumbing Plans Examiners Exam
- Outdoor area occupancy classification
- Restaurant vs Bar Occupant Load Calculation
- elevator access to mezzanine and 2nd floor
- Notching load bearing wood stud wall