May 1, 2015
Trying to respond to a review question from the AHJ. "Provide method of compliance with IBC 2406.1 for all mirrors." All mirrors are mounted on stud and gypsum wallboard walls. It looks like the 2015 code added an exception that, "Mirrors and other glass panels mounted or hung on a surface that provides a continuous backing support." Doesn't a solid wall provide such continuous backing support and thereby exempts the mirrors from impact tests? Thanks.
Most Recent Topics
- Plumbing Rough-In and Plumbing Top-Out
- IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection - Permitting
- Outlet for HVAC
- Ratings of Electrical rooms
- Trouble with online test taking. PRONTO and Webcam issues.
- Welcome Back from Astoria, Oregon
- 2012 IBC 424.5 Children's Play Structures area limited to 300 SF
- inspection software?
- Definition of occupied spaces
- Professional licensing when responding to disasters