April 6, 2017
I am reaching out to see how other jurisdictions are calling this that is not defined in the IRC. We are currently using a five foot rule. A smoke detector must be within five feet of all bedroom doors unless there are circumstances such as bathroom doors or return air openings that would require additional distances.
How are you defining immediate vicinity.
Most Recent Topics
- ICC University vs ICC Campus
- get certification
- Hello from Oak Lawn, IL
- Why isn't this a "cripple wall"?
- Focusing Study for B1 Exam
- Multi Family Housing Washing Machines
- Construction damage detection
- No Frost footing,403.1.4.1 2 story with walkout basement
- Stair Stringer Connections to Floor Framing
- Is an enclosed porch "Habitable Space"?