April 6, 2017
I am reaching out to see how other jurisdictions are calling this that is not defined in the IRC. We are currently using a five foot rule. A smoke detector must be within five feet of all bedroom doors unless there are circumstances such as bathroom doors or return air openings that would require additional distances.
How are you defining immediate vicinity.
Most Recent Topics
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- Shear Walls
- Gas valve clearance from operable windows or doors
- Passed test
- P3 Plumbing Plans Examiners Exam
- Outdoor area occupancy classification
- Restaurant vs Bar Occupant Load Calculation
- elevator access to mezzanine and 2nd floor
- Notching load bearing wood stud wall