April 20, 2015
2012 IBC 1012.9 Intermediate Handrails. Stairways shall have intermediate handrails located in such a manner that all portions of the stairway width required for egress capacity are within 30" of a hand rail. On monumental stairs, handrails shall be located along the most direct path of egress travel.
So is code section saying stairway used for egress is required an intermediate handrail if wider than 60", e.g. a 12' wide stairway would require 2 intermediate handrails?
Most Recent Topics
- Plumbing Rough-In and Plumbing Top-Out
- IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection - Permitting
- Outlet for HVAC
- Website difficulties
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- Brother Wireless Printer Problems
- Plumbing Count in Existing Building
- Water supply fixture units for bathroom groups
- Flex duct used on kitchenhood exhaust.