April 2, 2019
We have a building that is wood construction and has 2×6 ceiling joists . I am needing a one hour ceiling in the bedrooms and was wondering if I could use two layers of 5/8″ gyp board attached to the bottom of the 2×6 to achieve a one hour rating. There is attic space above the ceilings.
Most Recent Topics
- Is a MRI cryogen quench vent considered hazardous
- Earthbag construction?
- U-store it building complex
- MAQ's storage vs non-storage debate
- HELP - High Hazard (H-1) Area of Refuge Requirements
- Waiting for Certification
- Items disappearing from MyICC
- Egress window requirements
- IBC 2012 table 1018, corridor serving less than 30 - B occ
- Perimeter surface pool bonding.