April 2, 2019
We have a building that is wood construction and has 2x6 ceiling joists . I am needing a one hour ceiling in the bedrooms and was wondering if I could use two layers of 5/8" gyp board attached to the bottom of the 2x6 to achieve a one hour rating. There is attic space above the ceilings.
Most Recent Topics
- Duties as Powers of the Building Official
- Nice to Meeting you All.
- Occupancy Classification
- Residential Mechanical Inspector Exam
- WhatWhat year of the UBC or IRC changed the requirement for 48" window sill height for egress to 44"?
- Salon West Palm Beach
- 220 dryer receptacle elevation?
- two part tests
- Emergency Escape and Rescue Opening in 2-hour Rated Wall
- R-3 converted to R-4 occupancy; dwelling unit/sleeping units