September 28, 2019
Looks like you are on the right track. Also-in case the space you are working on has access to other common areas in the building, I recommend doing a whole building toilet count. Surplus fixtures/math rounding may work in your favor. The occupants in your space are permitted to travel up to 500’ (including going up or down 1 floor) to get to the required toilet facilities.
September 16, 2019
I working on renovation existing restrooms for a university, to create Gender Neutral Facilities in place of existing. My question is in regard to requirements to bring the fixture count into compliance, as I am certain they are currently lacking. If memory serves me well, you are required to provide additional fixtures if you are increasing the occupant load by 20%, and / or with a change of use? Am I missing any triggers to look out for?
I am digging into the IEBC and IPC, but wanted to check with this forum as well.
Most Recent Topics
- Washing machine receptacle
- B1 EXAM PREP
- school cafeteria exempt from sprinkler req?
- Static vs. Dynamic Radiation Dampers
- Best Way To Solve Printer Is In An Error State HP Issue
- Waiting for Certification
- Items disappearing from MyICC
- Egress window requirements
- Clarification on 506.2 Allowable area on IBC
- Scuppers at Roof-Top Patio