October 12, 2016
The difference between the ramps is that the vehicle ramps in the parking garage are NOT limited to vertical rise and do not require landings with every 30 inches in elevation. As such, a reduced slope of 1:15 is required in lieu of intermediate landings.
November 7, 2014
Section 406- Public Garages requires pedestrian egress slope of 1:15 max.
Vehicle ramps shall not be considered as required exits unless pedestrian facilities are provided. Vehicle ramps that are utilized for vertical circulation as well as for parking shall not exceed a slope of 1:15 (6.67 percent).
Section 1012 – Ramps requires egress ramp slope of 1:12 max.
Ramps used as part of a means of egress shall have a running slope not steeper than one unit vertical in 12 units horizontal (8-percent slope). The slope of other pedestrian ramps shall not be steeper than one unit vertical in eight units horizontal (12.5-percent slope).
Which one takes precedence?
Most Recent Topics
- Earthbag construction?
- B1 EXAM PREP
- school cafeteria exempt from sprinkler req?
- Egress window requirements
- Scuppers at Roof-Top Patio
- Get Comprehensive HP Help from Certified Experts
- Where can I buy the cheapest and most secure POE Currency?
- Is it wise to buy cheap Animal Crossing Bells at IGGM?
- Where is the best place to buy NBA 2K20 MT?
- Is it worth buying Nook miles Tickets at IGGM?