April 5, 2018
Hello everyone, I am currently dealing with a 2 story building with two stair enclosures. The first floor is business occupancy and the second story is ambulatory surgical center which refers to the business occupancy in NFPA 101. My dilemma is one of the 2 stair enclosures are protected by a smoke barrier and the other one is not protected. It is a type II-A structure. Where does it say in the code that only half of the exit enclosures have to be protected? Everything that I am looking at requires a 1 hour rating in all stairwell enclosures.
Most Recent Topics
- Is a MRI cryogen quench vent considered hazardous
- Earthbag construction?
- U-store it building complex
- MAQ's storage vs non-storage debate
- HELP - High Hazard (H-1) Area of Refuge Requirements
- Waiting for Certification
- Items disappearing from MyICC
- Egress window requirements
- IBC 2012 table 1018, corridor serving less than 30 - B occ
- Perimeter surface pool bonding.