April 5, 2018
Hello everyone, I am currently dealing with a 2 story building with two stair enclosures. The first floor is business occupancy and the second story is ambulatory surgical center which refers to the business occupancy in NFPA 101. My dilemma is one of the 2 stair enclosures are protected by a smoke barrier and the other one is not protected. It is a type II-A structure. Where does it say in the code that only half of the exit enclosures have to be protected? Everything that I am looking at requires a 1 hour rating in all stairwell enclosures.
Most Recent Topics
- Duties as Powers of the Building Official
- Nice to Meeting you All.
- Occupancy Classification
- Residential Mechanical Inspector Exam
- WhatWhat year of the UBC or IRC changed the requirement for 48" window sill height for egress to 44"?
- Salon West Palm Beach
- 220 dryer receptacle elevation?
- two part tests
- Emergency Escape and Rescue Opening in 2-hour Rated Wall
- R-3 converted to R-4 occupancy; dwelling unit/sleeping units