April 5, 2018
Hello everyone, I am currently dealing with a 2 story building with two stair enclosures. The first floor is business occupancy and the second story is ambulatory surgical center which refers to the business occupancy in NFPA 101. My dilemma is one of the 2 stair enclosures are protected by a smoke barrier and the other one is not protected. It is a type II-A structure. Where does it say in the code that only half of the exit enclosures have to be protected? Everything that I am looking at requires a 1 hour rating in all stairwell enclosures.
Most Recent Topics
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- BC Module for Building Official
- Shear Walls
- Gas valve clearance from operable windows or doors
- P3 Plumbing Plans Examiners Exam
- Outdoor area occupancy classification
- elevator access to mezzanine and 2nd floor
- Notching load bearing wood stud wall
- Ambulatory Care Facility sprinklers
- required elevators