January 5, 2016
I believe 7" riser height is fine for residential as well as commercial. The heights are max heights not required heights. It is easier to walk up stairs that have lower riser heights. In residential applications the higher riser allows the stairs to be built in a smaller area so the stairs can fit into houses that don't have the space.
April 21, 2015
I am looking for insight as to why the two codes vary on the maximum riser height for stairs. Why is 7 3/4" okay for residential but not commercial applications? Why is 7" okay for commercial applications and not residential?
Most Recent Topics
- Electric Hot Water Heaters in Garages
- Ceiling fans on 20 amp circuit?
- Glad I found this forum!
- Nice to Meeting you All.
- WhatWhat year of the UBC or IRC changed the requirement for 48" window sill height for egress to 44"?
- horizontal wet vent
- Corridor smoke management
- Salon West Palm Beach
- 220 dryer receptacle elevation?
- two part tests