October 21, 2019
Working on a converted mill building (R-2) and running into an elevator sizing issue with regard to 3002.4 (stretcher requirement). We have an existing shaft that we’d like to leave (for SHPO happiness and of course cost). Problem is, it only fits a 2100 series elevator, which doesn’t fit the 24×84 stretcher. Now, the weird question comes in with the way grade plane and stories are interpreted. Because of the way the site is graded, we have grade level access on the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd floors. Section looks something like this, with pedestrian bridges connecting the parking lot surrounding the building to the second and third floors (fully accessible routes):
<blockquote class=”imgur-embed-pub” lang=”en” data-id=”a/GPfLYF3″ data-context=”false” ><a href=”//imgur.com/a/GPfLYF3″></a></blockquote><script async src=”//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
Obviously, the intent of 3002.4 is to not have EMTs hoofing it up/down 3+ flights of stairs and since we treat the 2nd Floor as our main entrance, they wouldn’t be/ However, the definition wordings of grade plane and stories above doesn’t seem to recognize this instance. Thoughts/advice, please?
Most Recent Topics
- General Requirements Exam!!!
- Air Condition Units Housed In A Protected Stairwell
- Handrail clarification
- MAQ's storage vs non-storage debate
- Fix your Epson Printer Offline troubleshooting
- Fire rating requirement for openings at rated exterior wall
- HELP - High Hazard (H-1) Multi-Story Building
- HELP - High Hazard (H-1) Area of Refuge Requirements
- concrete mixer truck for sale
- Why Is My AOL Mail Not Receiving Emails?