Forum ProfileBack

Please to post


— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Test Questions - NEED HELP!
November 22, 2017
7:49 am
Forum Posts: 144
Member Since:
April 1, 2015
Print Post Post #1

Door swing 2015 IBC 1010.1.2.1

Inspections: Provide building official notification. This may vary jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

November 18, 2017
7:31 am
Quincy, MA
New Member
Forum Posts: 1
Member Since:
November 18, 2017
Print Post Post #2

Hello all,

I am taking the MA CSL test and recently failed by 1%... however I am determined to figure out the answers to my questions. Unfortunatly I have scoured the IBC, IRC, and the IECC with no avail to the answer to my questions... so I am reaching out to the Community. FYI I am brand new to the site so if I'am asking the wrong questions or asking in the wrong area I apologize.

NOTE: there may be more to these questions however we cannot record or write down the questions to take home so I need to pull from memory.

1. How long before the start of work do I need to alert the building official? 

2. What type of construction is a homeowner NOT allowed to perform? (I cannot find any information on what type, only what projects don't require a permit)

3. Is a door required to swing into an egress or out? (There was more to this question however Im sure it was in reference to the IBC, I could not find anything on door swing into egress requirements at all?)

4. (This is more of a MA specific question) A Developer wants to renovate townhouses in the city. It is a 2 story and lies on the lot lines adjacent to the city. The units, floor 1 and 2 will be rentals. What type of group(s) is each unit classified as. (They offer Group 1 and Group 2 or a combination of each)


Thanks all i appreciate any feedback!


Frank M.

Frank Meroney