April 1, 2015
Door swing 2015 IBC 1010.1.2.1
Inspections: Provide building official notification. This may vary jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
November 18, 2017
I am taking the MA CSL test and recently failed by 1%... however I am determined to figure out the answers to my questions. Unfortunatly I have scoured the IBC, IRC, and the IECC with no avail to the answer to my questions... so I am reaching out to the Community. FYI I am brand new to the site so if I'am asking the wrong questions or asking in the wrong area I apologize.
NOTE: there may be more to these questions however we cannot record or write down the questions to take home so I need to pull from memory.
1. How long before the start of work do I need to alert the building official?
2. What type of construction is a homeowner NOT allowed to perform? (I cannot find any information on what type, only what projects don't require a permit)
3. Is a door required to swing into an egress or out? (There was more to this question however Im sure it was in reference to the IBC, I could not find anything on door swing into egress requirements at all?)
4. (This is more of a MA specific question) A Developer wants to renovate townhouses in the city. It is a 2 story and lies on the lot lines adjacent to the city. The units, floor 1 and 2 will be rentals. What type of group(s) is each unit classified as. (They offer Group 1 and Group 2 or a combination of each)
Thanks all i appreciate any feedback!
Most Recent Topics
- movable partition walls
- transformer & separately derived system grounding and bonding
- Delayed Pick up of Plans
- Taking special inspector exam (plans) with Pearson vue.
- The benefits of solar cable
- Stair requirements
- New Guy from DC area
- Acetylene - Flammable Gas or Reactive Gas MAQ
- Computer based plans pearson vue