January 31, 2018
An existing facility, that is without a sprinkler system, is being remodeled into an Adult Day care, I-4 occupancy. According to Table 1017.2 this is "Not Permitted" for travel distance. However, 903.2.6 Group I exception 2 states An automatic sprinkler system is not required where Group I-4 day care facilities are at the level of exit discharge and where every room where care is provided has not fewer than one exterior exit door.
The question is does this exception allow for the 200 ft. travel distance allowed in an I-4 building with a sprinkler system?
Most Recent Topics
- Plumbing Rough-In and Plumbing Top-Out
- IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection - Permitting
- Outlet for HVAC
- Website difficulties
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- Brother Wireless Printer Problems
- Plumbing Count in Existing Building
- Water supply fixture units for bathroom groups
- Flex duct used on kitchenhood exhaust.