February 1, 2018
Has anyone successfully updated a building's construction type from II-B to I-B? I'm laying out a building expansion. At the SE corner of the existing warehouse (expansion is to the south) is a smaller building (Type IIB construction) which is separated from the existing building by a required firewall per area allowance. The addition will will jog around this building and share portions of two walls. Instead of making these walls rated firewalls I would prefer to update the construction type. Is this feasible?
Most Recent Topics
- Plumbing Rough-In and Plumbing Top-Out
- IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection - Permitting
- Outlet for HVAC
- Website difficulties
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- Brother Wireless Printer Problems
- Plumbing Count in Existing Building
- Water supply fixture units for bathroom groups
- Flex duct used on kitchenhood exhaust.