January 2, 2019
What are your thoughts on Storage Buildings with Living Quarters inside? I don't feel they should be allowed in residential neighborhoods, or to have living quarters inside of them, but there isn't anything in the 2006 IBC or IRC that would restrict that type of activity that I can find. The Zoning Regulations state that no "Accessory Structure" shall be utilized as a dwelling and no Accessory Structure shall be constructed without a permitted dwelling on the property, but the way they have been skirting the regulation is by putting the dwelling within the structure.
Most Recent Topics
- Plumbing Rough-In and Plumbing Top-Out
- IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection - Permitting
- Outlet for HVAC
- Ratings of Electrical rooms
- Trouble with online test taking. PRONTO and Webcam issues.
- Welcome Back from Astoria, Oregon
- 2012 IBC 424.5 Children's Play Structures area limited to 300 SF
- inspection software?
- Definition of occupied spaces
- Professional licensing when responding to disasters