September 15, 2015
We have an applicant proposing to install a residential lift from a first floor garage to a second floor bedroom. The CA Residential Code (as well as the IRC) does not allow direct access from a garage to a bedroom. This lift would have a self-closing solid core/gasketed door on the first floor and another at the second floor. Would this install change the term of direct access, and have other Building Departments allowed a lift such as this?
Most Recent Topics
- Plumbing Rough-In and Plumbing Top-Out
- IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection - Permitting
- Outlet for HVAC
- Website difficulties
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- Brother Wireless Printer Problems
- Plumbing Count in Existing Building
- Water supply fixture units for bathroom groups
- Flex duct used on kitchenhood exhaust.