April 7, 2015
Based on the following code references: R302.3, R302.3.1, Table R302.1(2) and R310.1 of the 2012 IRC, I have rejected 3 duplexes. My reason being that it is infeasible for the design to comply with the code requirements since fire rated Floor/Ceiling assemblies are required to be supported by an equal or greater fire rated wall assembly, and bedrooms are required to have egress windows (openings). I would appreciate feedback agreeing or disagreeing with my rejection of these structures and my interpretation of the codes as applicable to these structures.
Most Recent Topics
- movable partition walls
- transformer & separately derived system grounding and bonding
- Delayed Pick up of Plans
- Taking special inspector exam (plans) with Pearson vue.
- The benefits of solar cable
- Stair requirements
- New Guy from DC area
- Acetylene - Flammable Gas or Reactive Gas MAQ
- Computer based plans pearson vue