January 14, 2016
The floor is required to drain. If that is accomplished with a floor drain it requires an oil separator. That is what the code says unless it meets the exception. The way it is written I would say it is up to you to make the determination of whether or not the slope alone is sufficient. If I had to make this call I would want to know the answers to these questions:
1. How big is the hangar?
2. How many aircraft are going to be in the hangar?
3. Will there be any fueling in the hangar?
4. Will there be any major mechanical work in the hangar?
5. Is there water plumbed to the hangar?
September 8, 2015
Are floor drains required in an airport hangar is it meets the floor sloping requirements? I have read 412.4.3 and it does not say they are required and states "if provided" in the commentary. Thanks
Most Recent Topics
- Electric Hot Water Heaters in Garages
- Ceiling fans on 20 amp circuit?
- Glad I found this forum!
- Nice to Meeting you All.
- WhatWhat year of the UBC or IRC changed the requirement for 48" window sill height for egress to 44"?
- horizontal wet vent
- Corridor smoke management
- Salon West Palm Beach
- 220 dryer receptacle elevation?
- two part tests