April 19, 2015
Generally speaking, the Code defers to manufacturer's installation instructions (MIIs) when the Code is silent on such matters.
Typically, cement board manufacturer's not only require cement board to be screwed to subfloor in a particular patter, but also require the cement board to be installed in a bed of mortar.
Check the MIIs.
July 26, 2019
Is there anything in the codes about how cement backer board should be attached to subflooring. For example the manufacturer recommends using screws every 8 inches square. Is there anything in the codes requiring this?
Most Recent Topics
- Wall Mounted Space Heater In Garage ?
- Structural Steel and Bolting Special Inspector (S1) Exam
- IPMC exam
- BC Module for Building Official
- Sharing a HVAC system
- Are deck/balcony "openings" considered as an opening?
- R3 RESIDENTIAL PLANS EXAMINER CERTIFICATION EXAM STUDY GUIDE/TIPS
- Special Inspector Certification Importance
- Air Condition Units Housed In A Protected Stairwell
- self-closing self-lathing gates verses electric driveway gates