September 11, 2015
In my opinion the IRC does not address this type of construction. A pole barn/carport is not a dwelling or townhouse. See below from the 2018 IRC
R101.2 Scope. The provisions of this code shall apply to the construction, alteration, movement, enlargement, replacement, repair, equipment, use and occupancy, location, removal and demolition of detached one- and two-family dwellings and townhouses not more than three stories above
grade plane in height with a separate means of egress and their accessory structures not more than three stories above grade plane in height.
That being said, I ask for a design for the mentioned types of construction. Obviously the truss designer will address bracing for the trusses only, but the design professional needs to address the lateral bracing of the structure itself.
April 6, 2015
I am wondering, does the 2012 or 2018 IRC require bracing and/or lateral Analysis for Carports or similar structures?
Typical construction, Piers, with wood post supporting Beams supporting Rafters or trusses.
Most Recent Topics
- Plumbing Rough-In and Plumbing Top-Out
- IBC Chapter 17 Special Inspection - Permitting
- Outlet for HVAC
- Website difficulties
- PRONTO online testing experience?
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- Brother Wireless Printer Problems
- Plumbing Count in Existing Building
- Water supply fixture units for bathroom groups
- Flex duct used on kitchenhood exhaust.