April 6, 2015
ALL ICC codes are available for FREE online viewing years 2003 forward. Go to the Online Building Codes tab at the top of the this ICC website.
The rainfall data is in the IPC in Appendix B. If Hudson, WI is not listed, pick a city that is close.
August 17, 2018
When checking for ponding instability, where does one get the rain intensity? The building in question is in Hudson, WI which adheres to the 2015 IBC. Figure 1611.1 specifies a little less than 3.25 inches for the 100 yr / 1hr event. NOAA has an online tool that gives the precipitation frequencies for specific locations based on a 90% confidence (https://hdsc.nws.noaa.gov/hdsc/pfds/). This tool with the default settings specifies 3.5 inches. The ASCE 7-10 references the plumbing code which I do not posses. The IBC 2015 references their source at the bottom of figure 1611.1 as NOAA. Is following the 2015 IBC intensity map unconservative?
Most Recent Topics
- Glad I found this forum!
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- BC Module for Building Official
- Air Condition Units Housed In A Protected Stairwell
- self-closing self-lathing gates verses electric driveway gates
- Residential building code
- Ramp Slope inconsistency between 406.4.4 and 1012.2
- B and F2 separatoin
- Stories, grade planes, and elevators...oh my.
- Where did 1103.7.7 go?