March 20, 2017
Hello i am new to this forum but not new to inspection of buildings, i am a bit withdrawn by my seniors during a building inspection and i am seeking advise on a particular matter. the scenario is this : a residential occupancy with 8 floors, two apartment on each floor an elevator installed in the middle of the building that goes all the way up to the 8th floor with a stairwell envelopes/ spiral around the elevator, the stairwell is pressurized . my question is what is the law required for mean of escape how many? alternative escape routes and can the elevator act as a means of escape. Or does the the building requires an alternative egress. be mindful the the building is outfitter with a full automatic alarm and detection system as well as a sprinkler system.
Most Recent Topics
- Is a MRI cryogen quench vent considered hazardous
- Earthbag construction?
- U-store it building complex
- MAQ's storage vs non-storage debate
- HELP - High Hazard (H-1) Area of Refuge Requirements
- Waiting for Certification
- Items disappearing from MyICC
- Egress window requirements
- IBC 2012 table 1018, corridor serving less than 30 - B occ
- Perimeter surface pool bonding.