September 27, 2016
If the wall has any load being brought down onto it, the wall is considered load bearing. The load could be floor trusses/joists, roof rafters/trusses.
September 27, 2018
Would shear walls constructed of fire-retardant treated wood be considered a load-bearing wall or part of the Primary Structural Frame?
Most Recent Topics
- Glad I found this forum!
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- BC Module for Building Official
- Air Condition Units Housed In A Protected Stairwell
- self-closing self-lathing gates verses electric driveway gates
- Residential building code
- Ramp Slope inconsistency between 406.4.4 and 1012.2
- B and F2 separatoin
- Stories, grade planes, and elevators...oh my.
- Where did 1103.7.7 go?