April 28, 2015
My municipality is considering constructing 4 new DPS stations or remodeling the 6 existing ones. Having adopted the 2015 IBC, a new station would be required to have a storm shelter as per Section 423.3. My question is when does it become necessary during an alteration to require a storm shelter? 25%, 50%, 75% of the total square footage or a 100% remodel of the building? Thanks to everyone for your consideration.
Most Recent Topics
- Is a MRI cryogen quench vent considered hazardous
- Earthbag construction?
- U-store it building complex
- MAQ's storage vs non-storage debate
- HELP - High Hazard (H-1) Area of Refuge Requirements
- Waiting for Certification
- Items disappearing from MyICC
- Egress window requirements
- IBC 2012 table 1018, corridor serving less than 30 - B occ
- Perimeter surface pool bonding.