April 28, 2015
My municipality is considering constructing 4 new DPS stations or remodeling the 6 existing ones. Having adopted the 2015 IBC, a new station would be required to have a storm shelter as per Section 423.3. My question is when does it become necessary during an alteration to require a storm shelter? 25%, 50%, 75% of the total square footage or a 100% remodel of the building? Thanks to everyone for your consideration.
Most Recent Topics
- Glad I found this forum!
- tips for new reinforced concrete plans exams?
- BC Module for Building Official
- Air Condition Units Housed In A Protected Stairwell
- self-closing self-lathing gates verses electric driveway gates
- Residential building code
- Ramp Slope inconsistency between 406.4.4 and 1012.2
- B and F2 separatoin
- Stories, grade planes, and elevators...oh my.
- Where did 1103.7.7 go?