June 4, 2019
This is an Add. in our local code to the IBC:
"B. Relocation (HSC Section 17958.9). Buildings or structures moved into or relocated or repositioned or raised within the City of Oakland shall comply with the requirements in the Oakland Building Construction Code for new buildings and structures.
Local ordinances or regulations governing the moving of apartment houses and dwellings shall permit the retention of existing materials and methods of construction so long as the apartment house or dwelling complies with the building standards for foundations applicable to new construction, and does not become or continue to be a Substandard and Public Nuisance building (HSC Section 17922.3)."
My question is simple. Does "moving" include raising a house, or is it just lateral movement?
Anu, City of Oakland
Most Recent Topics
- Wall Mounted Space Heater In Garage ?
- Structural Steel and Bolting Special Inspector (S1) Exam
- IPMC exam
- BC Module for Building Official
- Sharing a HVAC system
- Are deck/balcony "openings" considered as an opening?
- Weight Training
- Special Inspector Certification Importance
- Air Condition Units Housed In A Protected Stairwell
- self-closing self-lathing gates verses electric driveway gates