December 31, 1969
Welcome to the forum.
Until you get your code books (and, don't forget local amendments); you can find the answer to most code questions here; enjoy.
September 29, 2011
I am delighted to become a member. I have been doing rough carpentry, finish carpentry and trim work, and decks for close to 20 years. I have always worked for someone else. I plan to start contracting on my own, and thought I better start getting "up to snuff". I am very addement about training and certification. And I better have my own set of Code books.
I hope to have time to become an active contributor, but for the time being, I will simply read others posts and ask questions.
December 31, 1969
Welcome to the new ICC forum.
Although it is new; the old archives with thousands of posts from the former bulletin board have been attached. You will find a wealth of information here on every subject.
After you register; you can use a Nickname (user name) rather than your real name by clicking the Forum Profile button above and making changes
You may ask code questions; and/or share your knowledge of the codes with others here.
Important: In order to receive an accurate answer soon; please provide one of the following; with your question:
1. State and/or Municipality
2. Code cycle adopted by your local or State AHJ (authority having jurisdiction).
Example: 2003, 2006, 2009 IRC (International Residential Code), IPC (International Plumbing Code), etc..
Also, whether you are addressing; residential or commercial and a new or existing building.
Including your Profession is very helpful; builder, inspector, contractor, homeowner, engineer, architect, plan reviewer, etc..
Enjoy the forum,
Most Recent Topics
- Rebar Support
- 2015 Commercial Mechanical Inspector Exam Prep
- Exit Signage
- Toilet facilities for workers
- wood iconostasis in type II-B building
- Historic Building R-2 Apartment Building
- Is a chase different from a wall cavity?
- No applicable codes to apply to certain buildings?
- General Requirements Exam!!!
- Desuperheater Water Heater (Energy Saving Equipment)