International Usage of the I-Codes
- Caribbean Community and Common Market (CARICOM: 15 Caribbean countries) through the Caribbean Regional Organization for Standards and Quality (CROSQ): The Caribbean Building Standards use the IBC, IMC, IPC and IECC as base documents for that region’s regulations.
- Haiti: 2009 IBC and IRC are the basis for the 2012 Code National Du Bâtiment D’Haïti [Haitian National Code]
- Jamaica: 2009 I-Codes are the official standard for Jamaica.
- Trinidad and Tobago: Adopting ICC A117.1-2009, 2015 IBC, IRC, IMC, IFGC, IPC and IgCC as a basis for the National Building Code for Trinidad and Tobago through a license agreement.
- The Cayman Islands: The Cayman Islands adopts the 2009 IBC, IRC, IFC, IPC, IMC, and IFGC. .
- Colombia: The Spanish 2009 IBC is the base document for Standard NSR-10, Colombia’s National Building Code; the Spanish 2009 IPC is used the basis for Colombia’s Plumbing Code
- Honduras: 2006 IBC in Spanish as the basis code for Honduras Building Code
- Mexico: The Residential Building Code (CEV) is based on the IRC. The IECC is the basis for the IECC-Mexico the first Energy Conservation Model Code outside of the U.S.
- Georgia: Currently using the 2006 IBC, pending update to the 2012 IBC
- Abu Dhabi: I-Codes are the basis for the 2013 Abu Dhabi codes: ADIBC, ADIMC, ADIECC, ADIFGC, ADIPMC, ADIPSDC and AD Accessibility Standards
- Saudi Arabia: The 2006 IBC is the basis for the Saudi Building Code
- Afghanistan: Using the I-Codes as a working document for its national codes.
- United Nations: ICC developed the Performance Based Guidelines for the Design and Construction of Commercial Office Buildings for UN Buildings worldwide.,
- Antarctica: the US National Science Foundation bases in Antarctica have adopted the 2018 editions of the International Building Code, the International Fire Code, and the International Existing Building Code.
Download a PDF of the code adoption maps.
Let us know if your jurisdiction has adopted any of the I-Codes.
International Code Council
Code Adoption MapClick on a state for I-Code adoption details, or click a button to see where each code has been adopted.