- This event has passed.
2015 IBC Special Topics Day 2
September 12, 2019
This course has two sessions; the morning and afternoon session. The morning session is 2015 IBC Exit Systems and the afternoon session is 2015 IBC Exterior Wall and Opening Protection.
AM SESSION – 2015 IBC Exit Systems: This seminar addresses the provisions of Chapter 10 of the 2015 International Building Code® (IBC®) regarding specific aspects of the means of egress, those components regulated as exits.
Upon completion, participants will be better able to:
- Determine those means of egress components that are defined as exits
- Identify where exit elements are required
- Identify the specific technical criteria for exits
- Describe the regulation of the exit discharge system
PM SESSION – 2015 IBC Exterior Wall and Opening Protection: This seminar addresses the various provisions in the IBC dealing with exterior wall design and construction. Although such walls are primarily regulated due to their location on the lot, many other additional requirements are set forth in the code. Exterior bearing walls are regulated by Table 601, while the use of exterior exit stairways, exit courts and exterior areas of assisted rescue will also typically mandate some degree of fire-resistance.
- Fire separation distance
- Location on lot
- Multiple buildings on the same lot
- Type of construction
- Combustible materials on exterior side of wall
- Exitways, including exterior exit stairways, exit courts, interior exit stairways and exterior balconies
- Exterior areas of assisted rescue
- Fire wall termination