- This event has passed.
FloodPlain Construction Training
December 3, 2018
Learn to build with resilience in mind. As we recover and rebuild from the devastating effects of recent hurricanes, it is important that we design and build stronger, both with new construction and when we rebuild non-FIRM compliant structures. This all starts with an understanding of the International Code Council’s Residential and Building Codes, the ASCE 24 Standard, FEMA Guidelines and best practice approaches seen during Hurricane Harvey. This webinar, which is designed to educate Architects, Builders, Code Officials, Engineers and Floodplain Managers will cover the following:
- Insight into the floodplain provisions of the International Residential Code & International Building Code.
- Step by step guide to elevation for existing structures and new construction.
- FEMA and Grant Requirements and how designs influence flood insurance rates for residents and clients.
Register online by clicking one of the following dates:
- Monday, December 3rd, 2018 from 3:00-4:30 PM (EST)
- Tuesday, December 4th, 2018 from 3:00-4:30 PM (EST)
- Wednesday, December 5th, 2018 from 3:00-4:30 PM (EST)