- This event has passed.
Remote and Virtual Inspections (RVI) Webinar
May 4, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Kevin Carr – Senior Fire Protection Specialist, NFPA
Karl Fippinger, CEM, PMP – Vice President, Government Relations – Fire and Disaster Mitigation at ICC
Bassem Khalil – Senior Consultant at Jensen Hughes Consulting Canada Ltd.
- Date & Time
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021 – 12:00-1:30PM
- Zoom Meeting (link provided after registration)
The COVID-19 pandemic brought to the forefront ‘new’ methods of conducting inspections in the built environment. As Contractors, Designers, Engineers, and code officials work to ensure building safety, NFPA is developing a new standard for Remote Video Inspection or Remote Virtual Inspection (RVI) resources.
Remote Virtual Inspections (RVI) are a method of inspection that allows the needed inspections to proceed in a timely manner by the owner or contractor located on the jobsite and the inspector or inspection teams performing the inspection remotely. Just like traditional on-site or in person inspections, an RVI is typically associated within a jurisdiction’s permitting process, the project, or contract schedule, and needs to be approved by the authority having jurisdiction (AHJ). While this practice gained good acceptance and implementation during the weeks and months of COVID-19 social distancing, its advantages are so great that it will likely become a popular and routine tool for the foreseeable future.
Our discussion will include:
- Round Table Discussion Presented by NFPA, ICC and JensenHughes
- ICC Current Experience and RVI Position
- NFPA Current Experience and RVI Position
- JensenHughes Firsthand Experience with RVI
- RVI is NOT a replacement for currently required commissioning tests
- Performing RVI / Checklist
- Data Connections
- Virtual Platforms (FaceTime/Zoom/Team/GoToMeeting)