- This event has passed.
Web Seminar: CFS Shear Wall Design Examples and Solutions
October 30, 2018
The seminar will provide examples of cold-formed steel (CFS) shear wall design that highlight common mistakes and emphasize smart design. In addition to explaining specific detailing requirements for lateral resistance of (CFS) framed structures, examples of shear wall designs using several of the methodologies available using AISI S213 and AISI S240: North American Standard for Seismic Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Systems will be presented. Specific topics will include:
- Layout of shear walls in a structure: tips for avoiding field problems
- Deflection and stiffness calculations for shear walls
- Where type I and type II shear walls make sense
- Examples with both structural wood and steel sheathing
- Boundary element design and sheathing attachment methods
- Collectors and connection design do’s and don’ts
- Appropriate use of hold-downs
- Challenging wall-floor intersection details
This web seminar will also include three question-and-answer sessions.