- This event has passed.
Webinar: Frequently Misunderstood Foundation Design Provisions
February 18, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
This web seminar addresses five misunderstood structural provisions in ASCE 7-16 related to foundation design. The following topics are discussed, including a presentation of frequently asked questions on the application of related code provisions:
- Load combinations for foundation design.
- Liquefaction risks and how to specifically address them.
- Basics of soil-structure interaction and how it relates to allowable bearing pressure and subgrade modulus.
- Challenges in design of mat foundations.
- Detailing of deep foundation elements for various seismic and site conditions.